This website https://www.xtrendi.com is operated by Brave Particle Unipessoal Lda (‘the Company’), with its registered office at Barcelos, Portugal. Brave Particle Unipessoal Lda owns XTRENDI® brand protected by trademark registered with The National Industrial Property Institute or the Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property. In these notices of business, “we”, “us”, “our” refer to Brave Particle Unipessoal Lda (doing business as XTRENDI®).
In accordance with European General Data Protection Legislation (“GDPR”) and local applicable laws, this Privacy and Cookie Notice provides you information on how XTRENDI collects, uses, protects, keeps, shares and deletes your personal details. We are committed to protecting your privacy, by keeping your personal data safe and secure.
This notice applies whether you navigate on our website; contact us via social media, telephone or email; visit our events and stores, engage in any research activities we conduct.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Identity information – this is information we use to identify and make sure you are who you claim to be. This includes your name, age/date of birth, gender, e-mail address, unique consumer number, nickname, password and other relevant demographic information.
- Contact information – this is information we use to reach out to you in order to send you your ordered products, provide you with promotional information, send our newsletter or news, and answer your queries and concerns. This includes your contact details such as address, including billing and/or shipping addresses, telephone/mobile numbers and e-mail address.
- Social media information – this is information we use to understand you better, create products that you will like, and focus our marketing efforts on messages which you will consider helpful and interesting (based on your online behaviour) in order to build a better relationship with you as an XTRENDI consumer. This includes any social media information that is publicly available such as [but not limited to]: your social media handles, social media interactions and postings, your “Likes” and other reactions.
- Purchase information – this is information we use to process your order. This includes for example: purchases and orders made by you, your payment information if you make a purchase, payment risk profile, delivery details, shipping and billing address, customer order number, purchase history with XTRENDI.
- Behavioural/Profile information – this is information we use to make sure we communicate only information that is relevant to you, provide you with the best XTRENDI deals and offerings which you would be interested in, and to maximise your experience as an XTRENDI member. This includes information such as your online browsing activities on our website, your correspondence and communications with us, your shopping history, wishlist items, your browsing preferences, your shopping preferences.
- Location information – this is information we use to make sure we provide you with the most relevant information based on your geographical location. This includes information about the device you use to navigate in our website including the IP address, GPS data, your residential location.
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA?
In order to optimise your experience at our website, we capture and use your details for different purposes listed as follows:
- To register and manage your account in our Website.
- To fulfil your orders through our website.
- To collect payment from you, we collect your payment information, including the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CVV. This information will not be stored, it will only be transferred to our authorized payment providers.
- To provide you with our customer services.
- To monitor the quality of our customer services.
- To send you marketing communications and personalised offers, events, new products and services, special offers and discounts whether you have confirmed you would like to receive our marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our website. You are free at all times to unsubscribe from this e-mail newsletter.
- To analyse our customer behaviour and purchases, carry out research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website, and views.
- To confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security.
WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
Third parties for business purposes: We make available to you products provided by third parties. Although in most cases, our partners are not directly involved in your purchase, in case details about you are necessary, we can share some of your information with our suppliers in order to guarantee you receive information that you might be interested in. We rely on carefully selected suppliers that supply the products that you see in our website. All our partners and suppliers are carefully selected by us.
Third party service providers for business purposes:
- Courier companies, namely CTT, that we use in order to deliver the products to you and, as such, they need to have access to your order information, including your name and address.
- Payment providers that we use to process your payment information (including your credit/debit card details) so that we can collect payment from you.
- Anti-fraud and credit check providers to keep us and you secure.
In order to be a responsible corporate citizen, we may be required to share your details with the following type of entities (as permissible and required by law):
- Regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials – Government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes identified in this notice, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
- Partners – We may run joint programs, events or promotions with other companies on its websites or applications. Our partner will only use your personal details, if we have your consent for them to do so. If you do not wish to have your personal details collected by, or shared with a company other than XTRENDI, you can always choose not to participate in such programs, promotions or events.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
XTRENDI uses “cookies” or similar technologies to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
The cookies used on this website are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Website.
- Targeting cookies or advertising: these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
- Social media cookies: these cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Instagram. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
At any time, you can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works on your browser support.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our processing of your personal data. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Contractual necessity as a lawful basis for performing our contract with you;
- As necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests, including selling and supplying goods to our customers; promoting, marketing and advertising our products; sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers; understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs; improving existing products and developing new products; protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety; preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders; handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; protecting our company, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us; or handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us;
- as necessary for compliance with the legal obligations we are subject including where you exercise your rights under data protection laws; for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; to establish or defend legal rights;
- based on your consent for one or more specific purposes.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data to sending direct marketing communications after consent is withdrawn.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, or the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format so that it can no longer be associated with you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
As a consumer located in Portugal, you have the following rights to your personal details according to GDPR. However, you should know that we will comply according to the extent that the law requires us to.
Under certain circumstances, under data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or completion of your personal data.
- Request deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Request transfer of your personal data in certain conditions.
- Right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your data – where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy rights concerning your personal details, please contact us by email@example.com